Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Keaukaha




KALEOHANO

Kaleohano, `o Kaleohano kou inoa
Kaleohano (a name meaning:The Voice (of) Authority and Respect),
Kaleohano (is) your name

Ku'u home, ku'u home, ku'u home `o Keaukaha*
My (in a form expressing affection) home, my home, my home, Keaukaha

Kaulana `o Keaukaha
Famous (is) Keaukaha

Kaleohano, `o Kaleohano kou inoa
Kaleohano, Kaleohano (is) your name

Ku'u 'aina, ku'u kulaiwi, a huli i ke kai
My land, my native land, and dashing and receding (is) the sea

Kaulana `o Keaukaha.
Famous (is) Keaukaha.

Aloha au ia Mauna Kea, i ke anu o ke ahiahi
Love I Mauna Kea (meaning, White Mountain, referring to mountain on the island of Hawai`i), in the cold of the evening.

Ho'olono, ho'olono, ho'olono i ka leo ka makani
Listen, listen, listen to the voice of the wind

Keaukaha no e ka wahi.
Keaukaha indeed, the place.

Keaukaha is a famous place in Hilo a lot of people like to go to the beaches that are near by. One of Keaukaha's famous beaches is Puhi Bay. Puhi Bay is known for having many eels. A lot of people go there on days that are hot or in summertime.I choose these pitures because this is one of the most famous beaches in Keaukaha, and the song talks about how famous Keaukaha is.
Chelsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home